Compassionate, Zealous Legal Advocacy For Injured Pedestrians
There is simply no comparison between cars and pedestrians when it comes to the consequences of a crash between the two. Vehicle occupants can typically walk away from pedestrian accidents – pedestrians often leave in an ambulance. For these reasons and more, drivers have a somber duty to obey traffic laws, pay attention to the road and keep an eye out for travelers on foot. Sadly, this duty is too often ignored.
At The McCallister Law Firm, P.C., we advocate for victims injured by the negligence of others, and we have been doing so since 1996. If you were involved in a pedestrian accident caused by a dangerous driver, we will advocate aggressively to help you seek accountability and fair compensation. From our office in Kansas City, Missouri, we serve clients throughout the surrounding areas in Missouri and Kansas.
Pedestrians Face Numerous Challenges And Dangers
It’s hard to debate the fact that American infrastructure was built for the convenience and safety of motor vehicle occupants. In many places, pedestrians were an afterthought. Both road design bias and the attitudes that it reflects are two of the many challenges and dangers that pedestrians face. Others include:
- Intersections with unmarked crosswalks and poorly timed crossing signals
- Intersections where crosswalk paint has faded and crossing signals are in disrepair
- Drivers who are distracted, drunk or otherwise driving negligently
- Drivers who fail to yield the right of way
- Drivers who fail to keep any sort of lookout for pedestrians
- Speed limits that are too high as well as drivers who violate existing speed limits
When you hire our firm, we fully investigate the circumstances of your accident and work diligently to build a case against the at-fault driver and any other potentially liable parties.
Catastrophic Injuries Are Common In Pedestrian Accidents
For the previously mentioned reasons, pedestrians struck by cars are far more likely to be seriously injured than if the same accident had involved a collision between two vehicles. Pedestrian accidents commonly result in injuries that include:
- Broken bones, cuts and bruises
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back and spinal cord injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other psychological injuries
- Prolonged pain and suffering
You cannot rely on insurers to do the right thing and offer a settlement that meets your needs. Instead, you need to work with an experienced attorney who will fight for maximum compensation to cover your medical bills (present and future), lost wages, reduced earning capacity, pain and suffering, and all other damages associated with the accident. Our firm’s founder, Brian McCallister, is one such attorney.
Put Our Experience To Work For You
At The McCallister Law Firm, we offer free initial consultations, and we take all cases on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no legal fees if we don’t help you recover money in a settlement or judgment.