Let Us Help You Seek Compensation After An Accident On Dangerous Property
Property owners who fail to keep their property safe for customers and guests can be held liable for injuries. When you slip, fall or trip on an uneven surface at a supermarket, are hurt by falling merchandise in a retail store or are injured in a railroad crossing incident, you deserve monetary compensation to pay for your medical care, cover your lost wages and pay other legally recoverable damages.
Premises liability refers to situations when a property owner is liable for injuries that you suffered on their negligently kept property. At The McCallister Law Firm, P.C., we have been working to obtain money damages for clients hurt on other people’s property since we opened our doors in 1996. Our firm is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and represents people throughout the surrounding areas in Missouri and Kansas.
Types Of Premises Liability Accidents
There are a variety of ways that people can be injured by dangerous conditions on another’s property. Our founding attorney has successfully litigated and negotiated settlements for a variety of premises liability claims. We represent people in lawsuits against:
- Retail stores with merchandise left in walkways that causes customers to trip and fall
- Grocery stores with spilled liquids left on the floor, creating slipping hazards
- Office buildings with poorly lit stairwells and code violations, like missing handrails
- Cities and counties with dangerous untrimmed trees in public parks, leading to falling branches
- Homeowners with aggressive dogs that attack delivery drivers and mail carriers
- Railroads that fail to maintain crossing signals and other safety infrastructures, leading to train and car collisions
- Parking garages in which paying customers become victims of crimes due to negligent security
These are just a handful of examples, but they illustrate the point that injuries are likely anytime a property owner violates their duty of care to address hazardous conditions.
Victims Often Suffer Serious Personal Injuries
What may seem like a simple accident at first may result in serious long-term injuries. Accidents, especially those involving the elderly and children, can cause permanent pain and suffering. You deserve money to compensate you for a slip-and-fall and other accidents causing:
- Herniated or ruptured disks
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Broken or fractured bones
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Sprains and bruises
- Worsening of a preexisting medical condition, such as multiple sclerosis, arthritis or other debilitating diseases
Working with a premises liability lawyer can help you protect and document the evidence in a premises liability case before it disappears. We can advocate aggressively on your behalf with the at-fault party and their insurance company.
Discuss Your Case With An Experienced Attorney For Free
Our firm’s founding attorney, Brian McCallister, brings three decades of legal experience to each case and client. He will fight to ensure that you receive the fair compensation you need and deserve. To learn more during a free consultation, call us at 816-492-2963 or submit an online contact form.