Kansas City Wrongful Death Attorney
Nothing in life is more painful than the sudden loss of a loved one. It’s especially heartbreaking when their loss is caused by the wrongful actions of others.
No amount of money can ever compensate you for your loss or replace their love and affection. We understand that. But what we can do is help you find answers and justice.
A “wrongful death” occurs when a person is killed due to the negligence or misconduct of another individual, company or entity. If your spouse or family member has been killed under such circumstances, please contact our personal injury lawyers for an evaluation of your claim.
One of the most important things our attorneys can do is to determine what caused the death of your family member or loved one. We’ll help you figure out what happened and get your questions answered. Those answers help prove your wrongful death case, but they’re also an important part of helping you to reach some closure.
Types of Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Varieties of accidents kill people and are both tragic and unexpected. An accident victim may have first suffered a catastrophic injury, then died later on. Our attorneys have represented families in wrongful death lawsuits throughout Kansas and Missouri involving:
- Car and truck accidents caused by reckless drivers, defective automobiles, improperly maintained tractor-trailers, and negligent trucking companies
- Dangerous products that were defectively designed or manufactured and still sold to consumers
- Medical malpractice caused by careless or incompetent doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other healthcare providers
- Industrial equipment that causes burns, electrocutions, or other serious injuries
- Accidents on property that has been negligently maintained
- Assaults by other persons on property that is negligently secured by the owner
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Damages
Monetary settlements are common in these types of cases and most lawsuits are settled before they go to trial.
We know these types of settlements can never replace your loved one, but they do force the guilty parties to take responsibility for their actions and deliver the justice your lost family member deserves. Injuries that can be compensated can include damages for loss of companionship, loss of guidance, loss of love, loss of society, loss of past and future earnings and earning capacity and other losses that are occasioned by the loss of a loved one. Although rare, damages can also include what are called punitive damages for intentional or reckless conduct.
To learn more about the loss of your loved one and your wrongful death lawsuit, contact or call The McCallister Law Firm today.