Serious Tractor-Trailer Accidents
Accidents involving a semi-truck or 18-wheeler are extremely serious. What is more troubling is the fact that many truck accidents result from driver negligence. Often times these over-worked drivers threaten you and your family’s safety while on the road. If you have been injured in a trucking accident caused by driver negligence, contact a truck accident attorney at The McCallister Law Firm.
Truck drivers have a duty to protect you and your family against serious injuries. A semi-truck can weigh in excess of 80,000 lbs. Given the sheer size of these vehicles, it is important for drivers to use care in their operation. Our personal injury attorneys represent families devastated by a serious truck wreck. Call us at 816.931.2229.
Types of Truck Driver Negligence
No matter the cause of the accident, you want just compensation for your losses. In a trucking accident case, liability comes down to proving fault. In a personal injury case, proving fault and damages is crucial to your recovery. Some common types of driver negligence cases involve:
- Careless and reckless drivers
- Drivers suffering from substance abuse issues
- Over-worked truck drivers
- Truck drivers who are speeding and fail to follow traffic laws
- Rig operators who fail to get the required amount of rest between trips
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Failures to inspect trucks for mechanical defects prior to trips
- Drivers who intentionally falsify their daily drivers’ logs to make it appear they have been driving fewer hours than they actually have.
There are both careful and careless truck drivers on the road. Most never get into an accident. Drivers who haul more loads because of pressure from trucking companies and their own pocketbooks place your family in harm’s way. Often the demands of the trucking industry require drivers to take on more routes, with less rest time, and heavier loads. All these things spell disaster for an unsuspecting motorist.
To learn how to recover money after a trucking accident caused by driver negligence, contact a lawyer at The McCallister Law Firm in Kansas City, Missouri.