Accidents Caused by Trucking Violations
If a commercial vehicle hauling any type of freight injured you, you deserve monetary damages. These vehicles must comply with federal and state trucking regulations. These laws were enacted to protect motorists from negligent trucking drivers and companies that operate on a national scale. These uniform laws also provide a safety net to prevent drivers from committing trucking violations.
Not every truck driver and trucking company adheres to these important regulations. When they fail to comply with state and federal law, your family’s safety is jeopardized. If you or your family has been involved in a truck accident, contact The McCallister Law Firm, in Kansas City Missouri, to speak to an experienced trucking accident attorney.
Federal Regulations Designed to Protect You
When a truck driver decides not to abide by state and federal laws, your life is in danger. These laws help protect unsuspecting motorists from out of control trucks and companies who put profit ahead of safety. These 80,000 pound rigs can kill you and your family. Both the federal and state governments have been put in charge of regulating interstate trucking, issuing carrier commerce numbers, issuing commercial drivers licenses, and enforcing trucking regulations.
If you have been hurt by a trucking company or truck driver who broke the law, visit our trucking accident practice center. Some common types of federal regulations of trucks include:
- Hours of service log books
- Amounts of sleep time in relation to driving time and on duty time
- Truck sizes, definition of oversized loads, and route designations
- Adverse driving conditions
- Amounts and types of insurance drivers must carry
- Training and driver licensing requirements
- Inspections, permit violations, maintenance, and repair issues
- Limitations on when drivers can operate trucks while their judgment is impaired
- Training issues which companies are required to follow
Violations of these regulations can result in serious injuries. When a driver fails to follow state and federal laws, your family is placed in jeopardy. If you were hurt in a truck wreck, contact a lawyer at The McCallister Law Firm in Kansas City, Missouri. To set up an appointment about your case, call us at 816.931.2229.